Forum: Ruby on Rails Confirm User engine clobbers active web service actions

E6d130d35ecbda878f38318b98d5043c?d=identicon&s=25 Clayton Cottingham (Guest)
Hello

Ive been learning / implementing AWS

Thanks to the wonderful pdf by orielly I was able to spot a problem with
the
User Engine

I would like to see if anyone else has had problems with this??

 Basically if you make a web service at  /products

You should be able to reach /product/wsdl and get a well formatted xml
doc

If you have a login engine on it seems fine but as soon as you install
user
engine it

Errors with no action repsoneded to wsdl

If you look insdie the role permissions there is no actions for api or
wsdl
D4e51fd9554030ab55c379fdc1a34826?d=identicon&s=25 Keith Lancaster (klancaster)
on 2006-06-07 05:05
Clayton Cottingham wrote:
> Hello

> You should be able to reach /product/wsdl and get a well formatted xml
> doc
>

> If you have a login engine on it seems fine but as soon as you install
> user
> engine it
>
> Errors with no action repsoneded to wsdl

You are correct. I reported this quite a while back, but apparently it
has not been fixed. In user engine is a command that hides the wsdl
command - literally hides it. The following line is in
authorized_system.rb in the user engine.

      hide_action :action_method_names, :wsdl, :deepcopy

Remove :wsdl and things should work again.

Keith
62b1c7901b1732aef58a91a9fda82753?d=identicon&s=25 Paul Robinson (Guest)
On 7 Jun 2006, at 00:59, Clayton Cottingham wrote:

> If you look insdie the role permissions there is no actions for api
> or wsdl
Add them to the table then. Or (I've not done web services in Rails
yet) if the process involves creating a method within the controller,
rake sync_permissions might pick it up.

Otherwise, creating them is as simple as adding an entry to the
permissions table.

--
Paul Robinson
The user engine doesn't look for any web services, so it could

- james
E6d130d35ecbda878f38318b98d5043c?d=identicon&s=25 Clayton Cottingham (Guest)
It would seem so,

I tried just adding it to the permissions table but im still getting no
action

Ill look into it