Forum: Ruby on Rails script/console cursor goes crazy sometimes on XP

8217faf2bfdfa7daf10135d41ddd421e?d=identicon&s=25 Jeff Cohen (jeff)
on 2006-06-07 01:49
I'm on WinXP SP2, Ruby 1.8.4, Rails 1.1.2.

Sometimes when I'm editing a line in script/console - that is, I'm using
the cursor keys or backspace key to edit the text on the current line -
the cursor suddenly flies off to the previous line out in space
somewhere, and typing anything after that just results in characters
being entered at weird places.

Anybody else have this problem?

Jeff
D0cd6b10e01bacb976b3b815a9c660bc?d=identicon&s=25 Alex Wayne (Guest)
on 2006-06-07 02:07
Jeff Cohen wrote:
> I'm on WinXP SP2, Ruby 1.8.4, Rails 1.1.2.
>
> Sometimes when I'm editing a line in script/console - that is, I'm using
> the cursor keys or backspace key to edit the text on the current line -
> the cursor suddenly flies off to the previous line out in space
> somewhere, and typing anything after that just results in characters
> being entered at weird places.
>
> Anybody else have this problem?
>
> Jeff

Yes, never found a solution.  Even happens in
http://sourceforge.net/projects/console sometimes.
E6dd9cedee99f9d02e5f87d80ee0e681?d=identicon&s=25 Warren Seltzer (Guest)
Yes, this is terrible. I have this in plain irb, too.  It is driving me
crazy and I kick
the wall and beat up little children when it happens.  Help save the
children, help me fix
my readline functionality!  WinXP SP2.

Warren Fred