Forum: GNU Radio Signal to Noise Ratio

90e50f6f3987f20af78d432664952792?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Ford (Guest)
Hello all,

After getting past my initial assertion error, I've been reading the
tutorials written by Dawei Shen trying to get a better understanding of
the
code that I'm dealing with. Granted the tutorials are a bit outdated,
but
between them and my existing programming knowledge I've been able to get
through most of the tutorials. I'm now on the eigth of eleven total.

As I mentioned before, I'm trying to create my own working version of
CSMA/CA protocol. However, so far, nothing has jumped out at me in the
tutorials as being able to help me determine the SNR. I'm switching from
my
DSP book (Oppenheim, Schafer and Buck) to the tutorials to wikipedia
articles in trying to get past this hump by myself, but in the meantime,
could someone point me in the right direction? I'm expecting to see a
measurement of decibels somewhere, but it's not happening in the
tutorials.

-Michael Ford-
On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 04:26:22PM -0500, Michael Ford wrote:
> tutorials as being able to help me determine the SNR. I'm switching from my
> DSP book (Oppenheim, Schafer and Buck) to the tutorials to wikipedia
> articles in trying to get past this hump by myself, but in the meantime,
> could someone point me in the right direction? I'm expecting to see a
> measurement of decibels somewhere, but it's not happening in the tutorials.
>
> -Michael Ford-

Hi Michael,

Sounds like it's time to switch from the DSP books to the digital comms
books ;)
See http://comsec.com/wiki?SuggestedReading for a good selection.

Eric
90e50f6f3987f20af78d432664952792?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Ford (Guest)
Eric,

I picked up some of the books, thank you for the reference. After
reading
them and consulting with my peers, I need to know - is there an RSSI
circuit
on these boards? I'm using the Flex 2400.

-Michael Ford-
Michael Ford wrote:

> Eric,
>
> I picked up some of the books, thank you for the reference. After
> reading them and consulting with my peers, I need to know - is there
> an RSSI circuit on these boards? I'm using the Flex 2400.

The RFX900, 1200, 1800, and 2400 have an RSSI circuit on board.  The
RFX400 does not.

To read the RSSI value, use read_aux_adc(side,0)

Matt