Forum: GNU Radio Real Data only Transfer?

F0e8f32ccc3937db166eb18e11fb071e?d=identicon&s=25 Kilian Timmler (Guest)

after some time spent on other issues I finally have some time to play
with the gnuradio again.

One important problem I had was that I would have liked to have a real
data only mode to get 16MSamples/s
with one channel an dno processing. After I had a look at rx_buffer.v, I
found that the 8-bit mode already
reduces the rate to the one needed by a real mode only receive scheme.

So if I would change line 104 in rx_buffer.v to:

assign fifodata_8 = {bottom};

I should get now only I data, when using 8 bit mode. I'm interested in
keeping changes small because my Verilog
skills have become quite rusty since college. Quartus doesn't complain
much except about 'top' never being read.

I havn't tried yet, since I'm not sure how much luck I would have with
running my own bitstream
(can I destroy anything with a simple change like this?).

I assume that I can use only one channel and set the decimation to 4, to
finally get to 16MSamples/s. To get the real straight through operation
I suppose I would
have to switch off the filtering (more Verilog) and set the NCO to zero
frequency, but maybe keep the decimator or use an external clock source.

Please tell me whether I'm on the right track.

Regards,

Kilian

On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 10:10:06PM +0200, Kilian Timmler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after some time spent on other issues I finally have some time to play with the gnuradio
again.

> One important problem I had was that I would have liked to have a
> real data only mode to get 16MSamples/s with one channel an dno
> processing. After I had a look at rx_buffer.v, I found that the
> 8-bit mode already reduces the rate to the one needed by a real mode
> only receive scheme.

Why do you want 16MS/sec real instead of 8MS/sec complex?

Eric