Forum: Ruby One-click installer for Windows and win32-open3

67bb4df2775f6a6b603347dce7119571?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
Dear all,

I am trying out Ruby from the one-click installer in Windows.
I am not really familiar with Windows compiling :
does the one-click installer comprise Daniel Berger's
tools for windows, in particular win32-open3 ?
I can only find a version that needs to be compiled on
Sourceforge.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Axel
Aee77dba395ece0a04c688b05b07cd63?d=identicon&s=25 Daniel Berger (Guest)
Nuralanur@aol.com wrote:

> Best regards,
>
> Axel

Hi Axel,

The win32-open3 package is not part of the one-click installer.  If you
don't have a compiler, you can instead download the shared object
directly from the 'files' tab (http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=85)
and look for a file called open3-0.2.2
(http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/10842/open3-...).

Rename that file to "open3.so".  Then copy it to
c:\ruby\lib\ruby\site_ruby\1.8\i386-msvcrt\win32\.  You'll have to
create the 'win32' directory there if it doesn't already exist.

Note that we'll be putting out a new release of win32-open3 soon (in the
next few weeks) that properly sets $? (Process::Status).

And, for anyone who's wondering, we won't be able to convert this
particular package to pure Ruby because it has to hook into C functions
from ruby_io.h that aren't exported by the DLL.  Sorry folks.

Regards,

Dan