Forum: Ruby Ruby on mobile devices?

Db212dec0d83349ef63c6100957b52d4?d=identicon&s=25 Robert Feldt (Guest)

Anyone seen any work on running Ruby on mobile devices like mobile
phones? In theory I guess something like JRuby could be used for this
but has there been any real work done? Why should it / should it not
work?

Thanks for any info,

Robert Feldt
Robert Feldt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anyone seen any work on running Ruby on mobile devices like mobile
> phones? In theory I guess something like JRuby could be used for this
> but has there been any real work done? Why should it / should it not
> work?

I've had some luck with ruby on gumstix, which have ARM/XScale
processors. Dynamic loading and sockets still have some problems,
though.