Forum: Ferret Proposal of some radical changes to API

332b27a7e8304eaaf473752432a3f244?d=identicon&s=25 Neville Burnell (Guest)
Hi Dave,

Congrats on getting Lucy approved!

WRT the proposed Ferret api changes, is there a good reason you chose
:yes/:no as opposed to true/false for some of the boolean settings?

Kind Regards

Neville Burnell
B5e329ffa0cc78efbfc7ae2d084c149f?d=identicon&s=25 David Balmain (Guest)
On 6/5/06, Neville Burnell <Neville.Burnell@bmsoft.com.au> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Congrats on getting Lucy approved!
>
> WRT the proposed Ferret api changes, is there a good reason you chose
> :yes/:no as opposed to true/false for some of the boolean settings?

Hi Neville,

I don't know if it's a "good" reason. That's up to you to decide. The
reason is that yes and no aren't the only options. For example, :store
could be :yes, :no, :compressed and :term_vector could be :yes, :no,
:with_positions, :with_offsets and :with_positions_and_offsets. It
would seem strange to me to have the choices true, false and
:compress. I hope that makes sense.

Cheers,
Dave