Forum: Ruby Deadline for RubyConf 2006 Presentation Proposals

Hi --

I realize I didn't include a deadline in the last announcement.  So
here it is: June 30.  (It was June 23, but since I forgot to include
it in the announcement, I'm extending it by a week :-)

The site for presentation proposal submissions is:

http://proposals.rubygarden.org

Please contact me if you have any pre-submission questions.

Thanks!

David
for Ruby Central, Inc. and RubyConf 2006
dblack@wobblini.net wrote:
> Please contact me if you have any pre-submission questions.
How big are the time slots? Is there a way to propose shorter talks (20
or 30 min)?
Joel VanderWerf wrote:
>>http://proposals.rubygarden.org
>>
>>Please contact me if you have any pre-submission questions.
>

> How big are the time slots? Is there a way to propose shorter talks (20
> or 30 min)?

Suggestion:  The index page for http://proposals.rubygarden.org should
have, right up front, all the main details, so that one does not have to
register to find out, for example, the deadline, the proposal format,
how long talks are expected to be, and so on.

Thanks; not looking to make more work for David, but it may save him
time in answering these question by list or E-mail if this info is more
readily available.

--
James Britt

http://refreshingcities.org   - Design, technology, usability
Hi --

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006, Joel VanderWerf wrote:

>> Please contact me if you have any pre-submission questions.
>
> How big are the time slots? Is there a way to propose shorter talks (20
> or 30 min)?

As currently planned they're all pretty uniform, at 45-55 minutes.

David
On Jun 4, 2006, at 5:10 PM, dblack@wobblini.net wrote:

>>> http://proposals.rubygarden.org
>>>
>>> Please contact me if you have any pre-submission questions.
>>
>> How big are the time slots? Is there a way to propose shorter
>> talks (20
>> or 30 min)?
>
> As currently planned they're all pretty uniform, at 45-55 minutes.

I would really, really, really like to see a lightning talk session
or two.

Letting people talk for only five minutes lets you hear about lots of
fascinating things very rapidly.

Please, please, please give us lightning talks.

http://trackmap.robotcoop.com
Eric Hodel wrote:

> I would really, really, really like to see a lightning talk session  or
> two.
>
> Letting people talk for only five minutes lets you hear about lots of
> fascinating things very rapidly.
>
> Please, please, please give us lightning talks.

Agreed.  That would be quite interesting.
Bb6ecee0238ef2461bef3416722b35c5?d=identicon&s=25 pat eyler (Guest)
On 6/6/06, James Britt <james_b@neurogami.com> wrote:

> Agreed.  That would be quite interesting.

Yes, please!   I proposed these for OSCon a couple of years
ago (called them Ruby Flashes or something), but they didn't fly.

I'd love to see them at RubyConf.  (and as a BoF at OSCon if
people are interested)
7572157852143be53747b2d08784cb6f?d=identicon&s=25 Jeff Barczewski (Guest)
Yes, I would really enjoy to see these as well.
+1
12aae38b80286b5b3c2c51caac9f41b2?d=identicon&s=25 Zev Blut (Guest)
On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 03:57:41 +0900, Eric Hodel <drbrain@segment7.net>
wrote:
?
> I would really, really, really like to see a lightning talk session or
> two.
>
> Letting people talk for only five minutes lets you hear about lots of
> fascinating things very rapidly.
>
> Please, please, please give us lightning talks.

I agree.  The lighting talks at the Ruby conference in Japan were fun.

Zev