Forum: Ruby on Rails Chat Room development

79cf1d831eb1e90853f10fbef11066a9?d=identicon&s=25 Aditya Rajgarhia (Guest)

I was wondering if it is possible to create a chat room using Ruby/Rails
(similar to the Java ones used by Talkcity, Yahoo, etc).

Not many people will be using it since it's just for an educational
experiment. If possible, will it be able to insert the text immediately?
I mean, I don't know of any techniques besides Java applets that can do
that, which is why I ask here.

Thanks!
30ee518e6fdc5b07e060775b5a542bdb?d=identicon&s=25 Jón Borgþórsson (jongretar)
Well...
The makers of Ruby on Rails managed to do it nicely at
http://www.campfirenow.com/

On 6/2/06, Aditya Rajgarhia <arajgarh@iwu.edu> wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> --

60341808ac9137ee020d61c4f704e093?d=identicon&s=25 Robert Mccorkle (rjmccorkle)
on 2006-11-07 00:55
yes but i believe the purpose of the request was to find code to
implement - not to use as is like campfire from 37signals did.  I myself
would like to know how to code up a chat too...  any other ideas?

Jón Borgþórsson wrote:
> Well...
> The makers of Ruby on Rails managed to do it nicely at
> http://www.campfirenow.com/
>
> On 6/2/06, Aditya Rajgarhia <arajgarh@iwu.edu> wrote:
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --
>>

> --
40db9e75b3f5899258e3bdc0c9210154?d=identicon&s=25 Conrad Taylor (Guest)
Hi, I would recommend doing google search.  For example, I was able to
find the following:

http://www.petercooper.co.uk/archives/001038.html
http://www.rubyonrailsblog.com/articles/2006/08/27...

Good luck,