Forum: Ruby FXRuby - textedit.rb example crash problem

67bb4df2775f6a6b603347dce7119571?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
Dear all,

I am writing a GUI. I need some bigger subfield with an editor in
it. So I tried to incorporate the textedit.rb example
(FXRuby-1.6.0,fox-1.4.33,Ruby 1.8.4).
But when I enter text in it and use a backspace to
correct some typo, the program immediately stops
with error: FXRbText::extractText : bad argument (in Redhat Linux),
if I use it under Cygwin(Windows XP), it crashes after entering the
first
letter into the editor window (see error file below).
What's wrong here ?
Is there any other ready-made editor available that doesn't use
these functions (they seem to be part of FXRuby) ?

Thank you,

Axel
0276239ca57aee241d4b41379587fa20?d=identicon&s=25 Lyle Johnson (Guest)
On 6/2/06, Nuralanur@aol.com <Nuralanur@aol.com> wrote:

> I am writing a GUI. I need some bigger subfield with an editor in
> it. So I tried to incorporate the textedit.rb example
> (FXRuby-1.6.0,fox-1.4.33,Ruby 1.8.4).

FXRuby 1.6 requires FOX 1.6.5 or later and won't work with FOX 1.4.33.
I'm a little curious about how you managed to compile FXRuby-1.6.0
against fox-1.4.33 in the first place...

> But when I enter text in it and use a backspace to
> correct some typo, the program immediately stops
> with error: FXRbText::extractText : bad argument (in Redhat Linux),
> if I use it under Cygwin(Windows XP), it crashes after entering the first
> letter into the editor window (see error file below).
> What's wrong here?

Not sure, but it sounds like something you might want to file a bug
report about:

    http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?atid=1223&group_id=3...

For the time being, I'd recommend backing off to FXRuby 1.4, which is
the stable release of FXRuby.