From: Tait P. [email protected]
Subject: Tk button widgets
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 01:43:07 +0900

I wrote a basic GUI on a windows machine and when i tested it on Mac OS
X tiger for some reason some of my button widgets are completely hidden
in only some of the windows and reappear when you hit tab. I’ve been
trying to debug it, but i’m at a loss, any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Can you show me a simple code which has the trouble?

From: Tait P. [email protected]
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 01:43:07 +0900

I wrote a basic GUI on a windows machine and when i tested it on Mac OS
X tiger for some reason some of my button widgets are completely hidden
in only some of the windows and reappear when you hit tab. I’ve been
trying to debug it, but i’m at a loss, any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Can you show me a simple code which has the trouble?

Thanks for the response but i made a work around by creating two frames
per window and putting buttons in one and labels and entry widgets in
the other, if you want i can still send you the file that should still
have the problem though.

From: Tait P. [email protected]
Subject: Re: Tk button widgets
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 23:03:02 +0900

Thanks for the response but i made a work around by creating two frames
per window and putting buttons in one and labels and entry widgets in
the other, if you want i can still send you the file that should still
have the problem though.

Probably, I don’t understand your problem.
But, if you have the trouble on some kind of container widgets
(panedwindow, tabnotebook, and so on), it may help you to call
“Tk.update” or “Tk.update_idletasks” before packing frames into
the container.