Forum: Ruby on Rails Firefox extension for ajax debugging

C7d5bc5b054035d95f287797c2595694?d=identicon&s=25 Matias (Guest)
or similar...

Is there any extension for firefox so that I can view the source code of
ajax returned content?

Thanks everybody.
0e796fdc9e1f0cdd9e6cfca2e57aa918?d=identicon&s=25 David Wennergren (Guest)
Firebug - https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1843/

"FireBug lets you explore the far corners of the DOM by keyboard or
mouse. All of the tools you need to poke, prod, and monitor your
JavaScript, CSS, HTML and Ajax are brought together into one seamless
experience, including a debugger, an error console, command line, and
a variety of fun inspectors."

/David
3504745159d79c585e4f7df8df76aa10?d=identicon&s=25 Ingo Weiss (ingoweiss)
on 2006-06-02 11:32
Chris Pederick's "Web Developer" extension
(https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/60/) provides a "View generated
source" menu item under the "View Source" menu that does what you are
looking for.

Ingo

Matias wrote:
> or similar...
>
> Is there any extension for firefox so that I can view the source code of
> ajax returned content?
>
> Thanks everybody.
Df5e7adb20adae6c120b04e7cafb15a0?d=identicon&s=25 Rob Sanheim (Guest)
On 6/2/06, David Wennergren <david@owen.se> wrote:
> Firebug - https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1843/
>
> "FireBug lets you explore the far corners of the DOM by keyboard or
> mouse. All of the tools you need to poke, prod, and monitor your
> JavaScript, CSS, HTML and Ajax are brought together into one seamless
> experience, including a debugger, an error console, command line, and
> a variety of fun inspectors."
>
> /David

Big +1 - Firebug is absolutely essential.  Get that first, then get
the toolbar, venkmann, a http header watcher, etc.
- rob
--
http://www.robsanheim.com
http://www.seekingalpha.com
> > Firebug - https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1843/
> >

> Big +1 - Firebug is absolutely essential.  Get that first, then get
> the toolbar, venkmann, a http header watcher, etc.
> - rob

Just curious Rob, why do you need venkmann *and* firebug? Or, what
Feature exists in venkmann that isn't in firebug?

Thanks,
-DT
On 6/8/06, Daniel Thompson <lists@ionize.net> wrote:>
> Just curious Rob, why do you need venkmann *and* firebug? Or, what
> Feature exists in venkmann that isn't in firebug?

Venkmann has a full featured debugger for js, while Firebug's is more
a debugger-lite.  I prefer not to have to use venkmann, but sometimes
its necessary.
- rob
--
http://www.robsanheim.com