Forum: Ruby on Rails Natural Search

85e05b7260af81cbacfea7e7ed4f40fb?d=identicon&s=25 Guest (Guest)
on 2006-06-02 06:21
Does anyone know what the best approach would be to do a search against
mutiple fields from one text string in a RoR app?

My client wants its user base to be able to issue a search like:

"Record Stores in 12321 Jazz"

So, esentially, the query would have to check a couple tables, and a
couple fields in each table.

Thanks for any help.
9d1f5d2d9de70bd9a934f557dc95a406?d=identicon&s=25 Daniel ----- (liquid)
Take a look at ferret and acts_as_ferret.

I havn't used them myself but I believe it has the ability to search
accross model and fields.  I wouldn't know how to do it tho.
85e05b7260af81cbacfea7e7ed4f40fb?d=identicon&s=25 Guest (Guest)
on 2006-06-02 06:56
Awesome! Thanks Daniel!