Forum: Ruby on Rails [ANN] New rails site: AJAX Webbrowser

4d8b13b54ae2fabfffd5537b04c7369c?d=identicon&s=25 Scott Fortmann-Roe (Guest)
Heres my Ruby on Rails webbrowser:

https://palary.org

Sorry, but I just couldn't resist.

Cheers,
Scott
Ddd11872984864786c14992b99ab4d2d?d=identicon&s=25 Alan Bullock (Guest)
"Scott Fortmann-Roe" <scottfr@gmail.com> wrote
in message
> Heres my Ruby on Rails webbrowser:
>
> https://palary.org
>
> Sorry, but I just couldn't resist.
>
> Cheers,
> Scott

nice. I'm not sure about the 'freedom' claim though. Couldn't they just
block palary.org too?
685df76ebeb6c0d61ff5e0284830f691?d=identicon&s=25 Jim Cheetham (Guest)
On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 05:41:13PM +0200, Scott Fortmann-Roe wrote:
> Heres my Ruby on Rails webbrowser:
> https://palary.org

Who renders the HTML coming from the remote site? I just looked at
Google, and the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button appeared as "I\" ...

If your code is doing the rendering, then this would be a good solution
for the person who wanted to build thumbnails of what the far end of a
link actually looked like ...

-jim
4d8b13b54ae2fabfffd5537b04c7369c?d=identicon&s=25 Scott Fortmann-Roe (Guest)
Of course people could block palary.org. But more domain names/ip
address could be set up to allow access to it. This is already the
situation in countries like China when connecting to proxy servers. In
effect Palary.org acts as a proxy server without the difficulty of
setting it up.

When you access a site, the html is downloaded from the foreign site
to the palary server. The palary server edits it (strips javascript,
rewrites links, etc) and then feeds the modified code back to your
computer which sticks it in an iframe . Your browser still does the
rendering.

Cheers, Scott