Forum: Ruby on Rails Upgrading old rails application for new rails version

A8e90e6f310e36963dfd432a66e2e558?d=identicon&s=25 Berlin Brown (Guest)
I want to update my application which was generated with rails 1.0.0 to
the new version.  My question.  I have already updated the ruby gems
library and things seem to work.  Do I really need to update the actual
code.  Can I update the code?  For example, I noticed that prototype is
a lot newer version.  I would like to update that.

--
Berlin Brown
(ramaza3 on freenode)
Berlin Brown wrote:
> I want to update my application which was generated with rails 1.0.0 to
> the new version.  My question.  I have already updated the ruby gems
> library and things seem to work.  Do I really need to update the actual
> code.  Can I update the code?  For example, I noticed that prototype is
> a lot newer version.  I would like to update that.

Run the following command from your application directory:

rake rails:update

This will update all the configs, scripts and javascripts to the latest
version.

--
Philip Ross