Forum: Ruby on Rails RE: Reuse Partials

9163be77c2abb8146d6e7ad48af58553?d=identicon&s=25 Bharat Ahluwalia (Guest)
> From: Eugene Louw <eugene.louw@gmail.com>
> Subject: [Rails] Re: Reuse Partials
> I think I've  found the problem, I need to give each partial that I
> render a new ID, but how do I go about doing that?

Simply create a variable in the main page and that will be available
inside the partial.

So

<% while @counter <@count_to_be_displayed%>
  <%= render: partial => "partial"
  <% @counter += 1%>
<%end%>

In the partial you can access the @counter variable and use that.

Hope this is what you were looking for, if not repost with more details
and I should be able to help. Just finished some interesting work on
partials in my project and so the concepts are very fresh in my mind
right now.

Bharat