Forum: Ruby Re: Passing an array to DBI statement execute

> table.  Here is my script:
>     values = [id]
>     values.concat line.chomp.split("\t")
>     (10..12).each {|x| values[x] = Time.parse(values[x])
> unless values[x].nil? || values[x].strip == ""}
>     sth.execute(values)

sth.execute(*values)

You need to flatten the list here.  Otherwise, you're just passing a
single array.

Regards,

Dan

or
strictly
destroy
6661ef9d747db3af8896cd94959d717d?d=identicon&s=25 Paul Barry (Guest)
that's it, thanks
6661ef9d747db3af8896cd94959d717d?d=identicon&s=25 Paul Barry (Guest)
Ok, well, now it executes and seems like it is working, except nothing
ends
up in my database.  Any ideas?  Is there any way to print out what sql
statement it is trying to execute?  I can't find any API docs for DBI.

Also, is DBI smart enough to figure out how to convert the Time objects
into
the correct format for the database?