Forum: GNU Radio dead usrp board

62602f78a99b0dd9599cdae69c489417?d=identicon&s=25 Bob Vincent (Guest)
I have a usrp board that doesn't respond in any way. I think (in the
best
case) that the flash might have gotten erased.
I must admit that I haven't checked the fuse yet. My meter is at home
and
the board is at work. Assuming that the fuse isn't blown, is there any
other diagnostic work I can do before sending it back?
On Mon, 2006-05-29 at 19:04 -0400, Bob Vincent wrote:
> I have a usrp board that doesn't respond in any way. I think (in the best
> case) that the flash might have gotten erased.
> I must admit that I haven't checked the fuse yet. My meter is at home and
> the board is at work. Assuming that the fuse isn't blown, is there any
> other diagnostic work I can do before sending it back?

There is no flash onboard, just a small serial eeprom.  Is the LED
flashing?

The most common problem is blown fuses.  A number of people have
reported them.  I personally have only had one blown fuse in the entire
3 years I've been doing this, and that was when I plugged in a
daughterboard with power on.

The only other thing I've seen is that your computer getting hit by
lightning will kill the USB interface on the FX2 chip, but it will still
flash the LEDs.

Matt