Forum: Ruby on Rails need help with gettext

Ddd11872984864786c14992b99ab4d2d?d=identicon&s=25 Alan Bullock (Guest)
I'm following the wiki instructions  for using gettext:
http://manuals.rubyonrails.com/read/chapter/105

I run 'rake updatepo' and it creates a myapp.pot file in rails_root/po.
then create a sub-directory (rails_root/po/en_GB) and copy a translated
myapp.pot into it. When I run 'rake makemo' it doesn't create a 'locale'
folder like I expect it to. The task doesn't produce any errors either

can anyone suggest where I might be going wrong?
alan
6443a66a7ec8921883953ab28c6eb1ea?d=identicon&s=25 Max Lindholm (mrmax1984)
on 2008-03-24 16:01
Alan Bullock wrote:
> I'm following the wiki instructions  for using gettext:
> http://manuals.rubyonrails.com/read/chapter/105
>
> I run 'rake updatepo' and it creates a myapp.pot file in rails_root/po.
> then create a sub-directory (rails_root/po/en_GB) and copy a translated
> myapp.pot into it. When I run 'rake makemo' it doesn't create a 'locale'
> folder like I expect it to. The task doesn't produce any errors either
>
> can anyone suggest where I might be going wrong?
> alan

Did you rename the translated file to ".po"? I believe the makemo task
looks for .po files, so if you left the .pot extension on by mistake, it
might get skipped.

Hope this helps.