Forum: Ruby on Rails Server won't start

Ca7aa00205c40188435dfd375077b321?d=identicon&s=25 SIX-S (Guest)
I have the demo "depot" running on my windows XP computer.For some
reason I try to start the server. I select the server, click the green
arrow, but it only displays the red button not the yellow restart that
indicates that the server is running, along with the status message
changing from stopped to running.
What have I done or ?
Jim
A7736d622f35f8725cc9a0c835d633a3?d=identicon&s=25 Mathias Wittlock (Guest)
On 5/29/06, SIX-S <sixs@ida.net> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have the demo "depot" running on my windows XP computer.For some reason I
> try to start the server. I select the server, click the green arrow, but it
> only displays the red button not the yellow restart that indicates that the
> server is running, along with the status message changing from stopped to
> running.
> What have I done or ?
> Jim

Sounds like you are using Radrails? If so, check under the "console"
tab for some more details about what went wrong. Or look in the log
files for the server (or the project). Or try starting the webrick
server from a console to see the output to see what the error might
be.

I've sometimes had trouble starting the server because something
already runs on that port (such as another server), so changing the
port might work.

Mathias.