Forum: Ruby on Rails Experience with RSpec

Accad816054fc1b2fa7dae2a2fce5266?d=identicon&s=25 Cuong Tran (Guest)
Anyone with experience with RSpec care to share?

Thanks.
7c4087d053eb02d099a17d91ba5e33b5?d=identicon&s=25 Brian Hughes (Guest)
On May 28, 2006, at 12:55 PM, Cuong Tran wrote:
> Anyone with experience with RSpec care to share?

I've done a bit with RSpec and I like it a lot. However, until the
Rails plug-in is ready, it's not a substitute for standard Unit
Tests. Personally, I'm hoping the Rails plug-in comes along soon,
since the way RSpec handles mocks is very cool, and vastly superior
to the "stubs" that you would place in the test/mocks directory.

If you have questions about using RSpec for your standard Ruby
projects, there is an RSpec mailing list you can post to.

-Brian
On 5/28/06, Brian Hughes <brianvh@alum.dartmouth.org> wrote:

> On May 28, 2006, at 12:55 PM, Cuong Tran wrote:
> > Anyone with experience with RSpec care to share?
>
> I've done a bit with RSpec and I like it a lot. However, until the
> Rails plug-in is ready, it's not a substitute for standard Unit
> Tests. Personally, I'm hoping the Rails plug-in comes along soon,
> since the way RSpec handles mocks is very cool, and vastly superior
> to the "stubs" that you would place in the test/mocks directory.

Is this the AR plugin being mentioned at
http://rspec.rubyforge.org/tools/rails.html?  Based on your response, I
assume it's not working yet?

On May 28, 2006, at 01:24 PM, Cuong Tran wrote:
> Is this the AR plugin being mentioned at http://rspec.rubyforge.org/
> tools/rails.html?

Yes. That's it. But it's not an "AR plugin", it's a standard Rails
plugin. Or, it will be, once it's released.

> Based on your response, I assume it's not working yet?

You don't need to take my word for it, all you need to do is read the
extremely short paragraph on that web page...

-Brian