Forum: Ruby on Rails Segmentation Error help please

E67091aaacd7aaeaef0b05452bb42ae6?d=identicon&s=25 Hao Min (hao922)
on 2006-05-27 17:34
Hello,
when I am implementing ROR on Windows, a segmentation error keeps
popping up, which stops my applicatoin.
the message is like this on the command terminal

E:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.14.2/lib/active_record/
transactions.rb:84: [BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.8.4 <2005-12-24> [i386-mswin32]

This application has requested then Runtime to terminate it in an
unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more
information.

Any one knows why? please help. Thanks in advance
Fb23bc8cd4030c526b0689276b34c8bd?d=identicon&s=25 Bryan Duxbury (bryanduxbury)
on 2006-05-28 02:48
hao min wrote:
> Hello,
> when I am implementing ROR on Windows, a segmentation error keeps
> popping up, which stops my applicatoin.
> the message is like this on the command terminal
>
> E:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.14.2/lib/active_record/
> transactions.rb:84: [BUG] Segmentation fault
> ruby 1.8.4 <2005-12-24> [i386-mswin32]
>
> This application has requested then Runtime to terminate it in an
> unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more
> information.
>

> Any one knows why? please help. Thanks in advance

Running on Win2k with the compiled MySQL drivers? If so, then get in
line. We're all hoping that those C-masterminds who ported the drivers
will figure out why it only works reliably on WinXP.

Workarounds:
-Upgrade to XP
-Don't use native drivers