Jamis, I've spent hours trying to get Capistrano working, to no avail. I'm hosting over at www.railsplayground.com, and here's their instructions I've been following: http://tinyurl.com/hyo93 I can't get past step 7. When I execute "rake remote:setup", I get a rake aborted! message. When I do a "rake --tasks", I get only a small subset of commands - the support guy at the host sent me a screen shot of his "rake --tasks", and he's got a LOT more commands than I do. What am I doing wrong? Or are his instructions wrong?
on 2006-05-26 21:54
on 2006-05-26 22:11
Jamis, Forgot to mention - my local box is WinXP, railsplayground server is Linux, fwiw...
on 2006-05-26 23:52
"Peter Jagielski" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote in message news:email@example.com... > Jamis, > > Forgot to mention - my local box is WinXP, railsplayground server is > Linux, fwiw... Peter I'm having exactly the same problem, and I'm deploying from a windows box to linux too. See my earlier thread 'Capistrano on windows (again)' for specific details of my problem. I think the issue lies with the windows environment. We could be missing a required library al
on 2006-05-31 14:53
Alan, I finally resolved the problem. I simply created a new rails app, copied my existing app into the new app's folders, and then followed the setup procedure for Capistrano. All is well now. I *think* the problem had to do with the file 'Rakefile' in the app's root folder. Before I generated the new app, this file was pretty big - and I had never manually touched it. The new file is very short, 10 lines to be exact. Hope this helps...
on 2006-05-31 14:54
Alan, Forgot to mention - when I copied my existing app to the new app folder, I didn't copy the existing Rakefile - I left the new one intact that was just created.