Forum: Ruby on Rails Built-in var. action_name for controllers?

All,

In the Recipes for Rails Authentication recipe, there is a variable
named action_name that's used to represent the current action.

Where does this come from?

Is there a similar variable for the current controller?

Thanks,
Wes
E28c35323f624b8b9ed8712e25105454?d=identicon&s=25 Ray Baxter (Guest)
Wes Gamble wrote:

> In the Recipes for Rails Authentication recipe, there is a variable
> named action_name that's used to represent the current action.
>
> Where does this come from?

It's an attribute of ActionController.

> Is there a similar variable for the current controller?

controller_name also an attribute of ActionContoller

--

Ray