Forum: Ruby on Rails RE: Re: RE: question about creating rails app and FTP

B287416096bb24ccaaedef43b0b1921b?d=identicon&s=25 Nathan Leach (Guest)
Nate,

Here's what I do, but you will have to test it out to see if it works
for you...

1.  Run "rails foo" on my machine, and develop my app
2.  Run "rails foo" on Dreamhost via SSH, then update config files
manually (database.yml, environment.rb, etc.)
3.  FTP directories "app", "db", and "public" excluding dispatch.* files
4.  Migrate database on Dreamhost
5.  Enjoy new hosted app ;-)

Let me know if that works or if you have questions.

Nathan
A06242f9d05b5925ef65e3fa5f52ad4b?d=identicon&s=25 Nate Constant (natcon67)
on 2006-05-26 00:54
Nathan Leach wrote:
> Nate,
>
> Here's what I do, but you will have to test it out to see if it works
> for you...
>
> 1.  Run "rails foo" on my machine, and develop my app
> 2.  Run "rails foo" on Dreamhost via SSH, then update config files
> manually (database.yml, environment.rb, etc.)
> 3.  FTP directories "app", "db", and "public" excluding dispatch.* files
> 4.  Migrate database on Dreamhost
> 5.  Enjoy new hosted app ;-)
>
> Let me know if that works or if you have questions.
>
> Nathan

Perfect, that's exactly what i was looking for!

Thanks again,

Nate