Forum: Ruby on Rails "Page has expired" problem

B31c8f5031486fa50ec7ee9e1350dec9?d=identicon&s=25 Marcus Blankenship (Guest)
Folks,

I've written a simple, multi-page Rails app which works fine except for
one thing: often when my users click the browsers BACK button, they
receive the "Warning: Page has Expired" message in IE, with the
suggestion to hit the refresh button.  If they do hit refresh, they are
told that the information will be sent back to the page, and they have
to hit "Retry" to proceed.

I have no idea where to begin looking for this problem.  Any ideas?  Is
there a timeout parameter somewhere...?

Thanks,
Marcus
89d967359903c639d31e4cad4569f537?d=identicon&s=25 Charlie Bowman (Guest)
This is normal if the previous page was the result of a submitted form.

On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 10:07 -0700, Marcus Blankenship wrote:

> Is there a timeout parameter somewhereâ?¦?
>
> Thanks,
> Marcus

Charlie Bowman
Programmer
Castle Branch Inc.
34a22f4dbf4c09fd92448920b45bcbd8?d=identicon&s=25 ben (Guest)
on 2006-07-06 10:48
Charlie Bowman wrote:
> This is normal if the previous page was the result of a submitted form.

Hi,

Im having the same problem with going back to form data, is there any
wayof fixing this?

thanks
A7736d622f35f8725cc9a0c835d633a3?d=identicon&s=25 Mathias Wittlock (Guest)
On 7/6/06, ben <ben@streamd.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Im having the same problem with going back to form data, is there any
> wayof fixing this?

This is what happens if you press the back key to return to a page
created by a POST request.

One way around this is to create a back link that instead of actually
going back instead recreates the previous page (with whatever was
entered into the form before, prefilled).

Hope that helps,
Mathias.