Forum: Ruby on Rails Logging in production

4035d3ae876ced3572af72a52ee0bcb6?d=identicon&s=25 Peter Palmer (Guest)

I have an application that's about to go live and the production logs
show what was sent to the application such as usernames and passwords. I
don't want this information recorded anywhere for security reasons - how
can I stop rails recording this information?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Pete
58c44a4a506d878f9a112f1d7b7cb87e?d=identicon&s=25 Jeremy Evans (Guest)
On 5/25/06, Peter Palmer <rubys@peteslan.net> wrote:
> I have an application that's about to go live and the production logs
> show what was sent to the application such as usernames and passwords. I
> don't want this information recorded anywhere for security reasons - how
> can I stop rails recording this information?

Either:

1) Use Edge Rails, or
2) Use the Filter Logged Params Plugin[1]

[1] http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/Filter+Log...