Forum: Ruby JEdit issues

Ba2582cd50a59359ac3f7305ad2a0429?d=identicon&s=25 ReggW (Guest)
on 2006-05-25 08:59
I finally got JEdit working, but I can't figure out how to get it to run
the script, can someone shed some light on this?

And also, can IRB be ran from within JEdit?

NOTE: I do have the Console plugin installed.

Also, JEdit freezes up for about 30 secs when I start it.

After that everything is fine.

I think it is connecting to the Internet on startup and this is causing
the freeze, because if I disable my NIC card, JEdit comes right up with
now problems.

How do you stop it from doing this?

Thanks
2a3be1d8227283eb4e1613ef631d78b8?d=identicon&s=25 Rob Kaufman (Guest)
I'm not sure which script your talking about, but if your talking
about running whatever script is currently displaying, just use
Macro->Misc->Run Script.  If your using it a lot you'll want to go to
the Global Options and assign it a shortcut (in Shortcuts, select
Macros).

-Rob Kaufman
34f159f89cbd1d9beac0276f5a7af552?d=identicon&s=25 John Gabriele (Guest)
On 5/25/06, ReggW <me@yourhome.com> wrote:
> [snip]
> Also, JEdit freezes up for about 30 secs when I start it.
>
> After that everything is fine.
>
> I think it is connecting to the Internet on startup and this is causing
> the freeze, because if I disable my NIC card, JEdit comes right up with
> now problems.
>
> How do you stop it from doing this?

It's been a while since I've used jEdit, but I think there's a feature
that lets you check for plug-in updates. You might have your
preferences set to check for these updates upon startup.

By the way, you may want to try out the jEdit Ruby plug-in:
http://rubyjedit.org/