Forum: Ruby Re: Proposing: A new Ruby Windows installer

<snip>

> The Ruby Windows Installer seems to lag behind the general
> releases.  It
> would seem the senario I just described would be more up to
> date.  The
> Python guys have their installers down to s science now, it
> seems like
> Ruby is lagging a bit here (the Windows side of it anyway).

The "Python guys" you refer to in this case are actually a commercial
company (ActiveState) that is paid to create a Windows installer.  Curt
Hibbs works on the installer in his spare time, for free.  That just
might explain the 'lag' you're referring to.

Regards,

Dan

or
strictly
destroy
Ff25afeff0c7f6a44287bd3e585c6ee6?d=identicon&s=25 Thomas Quessa (Guest)
on 2006-05-24 03:15
Berger, Daniel wrote:
> The "Python guys" you refer to in this case are actually a commercial
> company (ActiveState) that is paid to create a Windows installer.  Curt
> Hibbs works on the installer in his spare time, for free.  That just
> might explain the 'lag' you're referring to.

Really?  Since when did: http://www.python.org/download/ get taken over
by ActiveState?

Thomas Q