Forum: Ruby on Rails RE:Learn Ruby before Learning Ruby on Rails ?

9163be77c2abb8146d6e7ad48af58553?d=identicon&s=25 Bharat Ahluwalia (Guest)
> "Ruby" the language first and then jump into learning the Framework (
> ROR ) or it it best to pick up the language while
> learning/working with
> R.O.R ?

I started learning R.O.R a few months back and am able to spend only a
few hours per week. For me doing a brief intro session on ruby using the
online guide was enough to dive into R.O.R.

You just need the basics to start writing ROR applications, the rest you
will learn while working.

Bharat