Forum: Ruby on Rails Best Rails API source

B31c8f5031486fa50ec7ee9e1350dec9?d=identicon&s=25 Marcus Blankenship (Guest)
Folks,

Is api.rubyonrails.com the best source for RoR API info?  Do any other
formats exist, that are easier to navigate/search?

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus Blankenship
Technology Services - Software Group

JELD-WEN, inc.
Information Systems
541-882-3451 x 2558
marcusb@jeld-wen.com

RELIABILITY for real life*
confidential or legally privileged information and is intended solely
for the named addressee. If you receive this correspondence in error,
please notify the sender and delete it from your system. You must not
disclose, copy or rely on any part of this correspondence if you are not
the intended recipient.
4034df6027cbecf3f4a19a711a248536?d=identicon&s=25 Steven Hansen (rooster)
Someone posted this link last week, I love it!
http://rails.outertrack.com/
6f7c877de704c7cc03c8a3b2dc52df92?d=identicon&s=25 Carmen --- (carmen)
on 2006-05-22 23:25
> Is api.rubyonrails.com the best source for RoR API info?  Do any other
> formats exist, that are easier to navigate/search?

the all have the same info, generated via rdoc. google for 'annotatable
rails source code' and check redhanded for a 'remix' of the rdoc
browser.

if you want to talk about how to get docs for all the method_missing and
other dynamic stuff, then we're talking..  i guess maybe a methodfinder
could walk around and look for all the places method_missing is used
(maybe redefine method_missing first so it populates a global list
whnever its initialized?) i dunno. i havent gone that crazy yet..