Forum: Ruby on Rails Using mongrel cluster

429500a5a54600958c9c7ac032a37f66?d=identicon&s=25 Joe (Guest)
on 2006-05-22 22:36
Me thinks the docs might need a bit of fleshing out ;P

http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/docs/mongrel_cluster.html

At the very least, what vars can go in its config.

Joe
30269682335f1fb247d71969fa715b5e?d=identicon&s=25 Roberto Saccon (rsaccon)
Right now you find some references to docs about mongrel_cluster at
(scroll
down to boottom):

http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/docs/index.html
6f7c877de704c7cc03c8a3b2dc52df92?d=identicon&s=25 Carmen --- (carmen)
on 2006-05-23 05:44
Joe wrote:
> Me thinks the docs might need a bit of fleshing out ;P

same. ive been looking for info on how to serve public/ with mongrel..
so far, ive tried various things, including -r public, -r
/absolute/path/to/pubic, about to try making up a mongrel.conf and
setting a DirHandler for "." (hopefully this doesnt interfere with the
existing controller stuff).

i thought maybe it was just choking on symlinks, since dirs in /var/www
are actually linked to /usr/local/src, or maybe a permissions thing, but
seeing as other daemons can read the public files even running as
'nobody' instead of root, that's proably not it...
8c43ed7f065406bf171c0f3eb32cf615?d=identicon&s=25 Zed Shaw (Guest)
On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 22:36 +0200, Joe wrote:
> Me thinks the docs might need a bit of fleshing out ;P
>
> http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/docs/mongrel_cluster.html
>
> At the very least, what vars can go in its config.

Yeah, I'm writing those as fast as I can.  All this week I'm pretty much
unemploying myself so people can have a release, so stay tuned and
they'll come soon.

--
Zed A. Shaw
http://www.zedshaw.com/

On May 22, 2006, at 4:36 PM, Joe wrote:

> Me thinks the docs might need a bit of fleshing out ;P
>
> http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/docs/mongrel_cluster.html
>
> At the very least, what vars can go in its config.

You don't need to mess with editing the config file at all. Just use
the "cluster::configure" command and it will write the file for you.
The command takes the same arguments as the "start" command and
respects its default values.  You can see all the options by doing
"mongrel_rails cluster::configure -h".

Example, 8 mongrels in production environment starting at port 8000
bound to localhost for use behind a balancer.

Configure:
mongrel_rails cluster::configure -p 8000 -e production -a 127.0.0.1 -N 8

Start:
mongrel_rails cluster::start

Stop:
mongrel_rails cluster::stop

If you don't call these from RAILS_ROOT, then use "--chdir" to set
RAILS_ROOT when configuring. You can also write the configuration
file to a specfic directory using "--config". To start/stop use  "--
config" to tell the command where to read the configuration from.

Good luck,
Bradley Taylor

------
Rails Machine
Simplified Ruby on Rails application deployment
http://railsmachine.com