Forum: Ruby Configuring Ruby with PHPMyAdmin

089376a6a78c9dce6d4ecab241a3d24e?d=identicon&s=25 Matthew (Guest)
on 2006-05-22 03:29
Does anybody know how to configure Ruby to work with PHPMyAdmin?
4b174722d1b1a4bbd9672e1ab50c30a9?d=identicon&s=25 Ryan Leavengood (Guest)
Hi Matthew,

You probably don't realize it, but Ruby Forum is actually a gateway to
an entire mailing list with many hundreds of subscribers. While a
question like you have posed might garner some responses on a forum,
it would be helpful for the mailing list if you could provide more
information.

For one thing, your question makes little sense. When you say Ruby do
you really means Rails? Because why would one want to configure Ruby
to work with PHPMyAdmin? To me that is akin to asking how I can
configure a jet engine to work with an armadillo: they really aren't
related.

Ryan
089376a6a78c9dce6d4ecab241a3d24e?d=identicon&s=25 Matthew (Guest)
on 2006-05-22 05:35
My apologies Ryan. I am new to understanding Ruby and Ruby on Rails. And
because of this it is hard asking the "right" questions to solve one's
problem. I basically have everything installed, but when I try and
create a db with TextMate I have problems. When I try and get MySQL
installed I keep getting this error:ERROR:  While executing gem ...
(Errno::EACCES) I thought if I was having such problems with the Ruby
version of MySQL why don't I try using something I am more familiar
with: PHPMyAdmin. I was following the video at this link to understand a
little more about this stuff.
http://locomotive.sourceforge.net/images/locomotiv...

Ryan, if you have suggestions at where I can become more familiar with
this technology I would greatly appreciate it.
9d1f5d2d9de70bd9a934f557dc95a406?d=identicon&s=25 Daniel ----- (liquid)
Hi Matthew.

Do you have your database.yaml configured with your MySQL database name,
username and password?
089376a6a78c9dce6d4ecab241a3d24e?d=identicon&s=25 Matthew (Guest)
on 2006-05-22 15:08
Daniel ----- wrote:
> Hi Matthew.
>
> Do you have your database.yaml configured with your MySQL database name,
> username and password?

I will try that once I get home tonight. I am anxious to start using all
this stuff. And again, I apogologize for the poor question. I am a
neophyte with all this stuff.