Forum: Ruby on Rails no enter/click app [barcode reader]

4f7fb063aecdf8344774cd7238d8b585?d=identicon&s=25 Jorge Mario G. Mazo (Guest)
I there
We are making an app using barcode readers and it would be great if we
did not have to hit enter or click each time an product is scanned,
does anuybody has eny idea about how to achive this?

Thanks in advance
30ee518e6fdc5b07e060775b5a542bdb?d=identicon&s=25 Jón Borgþórsson (jongretar)
I really don't think you can do that inside Rails itself.
But building the JS should be simple. You basically just have an
onChange on the text input. And monitor the length of the text field.
When it reaches the length of a barcode code you make it submit.
I'll be happy to give you an example if you are unsure on how to achieve
that.

On 5/21/06, Jorge Mario G. Mazo <vadersolo@gmail.com> wrote:

--
85d195de311934aa4b9cbf073089260a?d=identicon&s=25 Nathan Hesson (Guest)
Also,
Jorge Mario G. Mazo wrote:
> I there
> We are making an app using barcode readers and it would be great if we
> did not have to hit enter or click each time an product is scanned,
> does anuybody has eny idea about how to achive this?
>
> Thanks in advance

Hi Jorge, we're making a fulfillment app for cheap shipment in Europe.
We're planning to integrate barcode readers.
Maybe we can share some ideas.. Our website is cebu.palmade.net .

Thank you,
Harm
4f7fb063aecdf8344774cd7238d8b585?d=identicon&s=25 Jorge Mario G. Mazo (Guest)
Hi there guys
well our bar code guns "seem" to be the cheapeast and they dont add a
return at the end...
so it seems like the JS solution is the only thing we can do for now
so Mr.  Jon Gretar Borgthorsson I would like to see that example,
since I've been trying some things with JS, an example would be very
apreciated

Thanks in advance

Jorge Mario G. Mazo