Forum: Ruby Re: Cannot compile Fox toolkit on cygwin

67bb4df2775f6a6b603347dce7119571?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
In principle, it's possible to install both Fox and FXRuby in Cygwin
(I have done that with different versions of both on an XP machine.)
Error 8 seems to be the fubar message of Windows 98 and it seems
to be that a particular address 0x10000(4128768) is already taken,
so it's a Windows/Cygwin memory allocation thing rather than
anything with FXRuby or Fox.
Recently, I had a problem which may be similar, though I don't
know exactly, but a rebaseall  command somehow allocating
all dll addresses in an orderly way solved the problem:

See Ara Howard's tips here:

_http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/...
(http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/...)

Hope that helps,

Axel
288733e11db1c6dbbf50871d2c6738c6?d=identicon&s=25 Uncutstone Wu (uncutstone)
on 2006-05-22 03:21
unknown wrote:
> In principle, it's possible to install both Fox and FXRuby in Cygwin
> (I have done that with different versions of both on an XP machine.)
> Error 8 seems to be the fubar message of Windows 98 and it seems
> to be that a particular address 0x10000(4128768) is already taken,
> so it's a Windows/Cygwin memory allocation thing rather than
> anything with FXRuby or Fox.
> Recently, I had a problem which may be similar, though I don't
> know exactly, but a rebaseall  command somehow allocating
> all dll addresses in an orderly way solved the problem:
>
> See Ara Howard's tips here:
>
> _http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/...
> (http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/...)
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> Axel

Yes, it helps. After run:
sh
rebaseall

Everything goes smoothly.Now I can use fxruby on cygwin.

Very thanks.

uncutstone