Forum: Ruby on Rails Error in IE, works in FireFox?

6442cbabe45924d5babe9c971f09ba18?d=identicon&s=25 Ronen Levi (Guest)

I have an rjs that works just fine in firefox (no errors in FireBug). In
IE however it doesn't.

When I tried to debug it, I arrived to the following:
1. page.replace of some element - fails in IE with "Object Error", even
if I'm replacing the element with a simple "<tr></tr>"
2. page.hide of that same element - works
3. page.remove of that same element - works as well.

What could the cause be?

Thanks,
A4a8fefcbd2cd6d2370609a5e2a3a389?d=identicon&s=25 Rob Merrell (Guest)
Is it a div that you are are replacing content for?  It seems to me that
there are some tags that aren't recognized as block level elements like
tr,
so if you are using one of those tags that would explain the error.  I
could
be way off though...

Rob
Hi Ronen,

Ronen Levi wrote:

> I have an rjs that works just fine in firefox (no
> errors in FireBug). In IE however it doesn't.
>
> When I tried to debug it, I arrived to the following:
> 1. page.replace of some element - fails in IE with
> "Object Error", even  if I'm replacing the element
> with a simple "<tr></tr>"

Tables, in particular, are an area where MS treats the DOM very
differently
than the W3C recommendations / standards.  You might find this link
helpful.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/tables/b...

Best regards,
Bill