Forum: Typo GoogieSpell

6fd1d0d0316a3ee723703b9520fe1c38?d=identicon&s=25 phil (Guest)
Has anyone looked at implementing GoogieSpell
http://amix.dk/projects/?page_id=3 into Typo?  We've started running it
with Roundcube webmail, and it's pretty slick.  Only issue is that it
'phones home' to Google with your data to check, but next we plan on
making this use a local aspell instance.  Anyway, there is a link for
'Alex MacCaw's Ruby on Rails hack'
http://amix.dk/projects/uploads/sendReq.rb - could this be used in Typo
to Spell check at least articles, if not pages and comments too?

http://fak3r.com - you don't have to kick it
Dc3f3775a7d03ba1be8958aaee881d6b?d=identicon&s=25 Scott Laird (Guest)
Hmm.  From the page:
<script type="text/javascript">  var googie1 = new
GoogieSpell("googiespell/","http://www.google.com/tbproxy/spell?lang=");
googie1.decorateTextarea("ta1");</script>
Speaking as someone, er, involved, with the server referred to here,I'm
not sure I'm all that fond of this hack.  OTOH, if it's easy toset up a
local aspell instance, then I'd *love* to see something likethis in
Typo.

Scott
On 5/19/06, phil <phil@cryer.us> wrote:> Has anyone looked at
implementing GoogieSpell http://amix.dk/projects/?page_id=3 into Typo?
We've started running it with Roundcube webmail, and it's pretty slick.
Only issue is that it 'phones home' to Google with your data to check,
but next we plan on making this use a local aspell instance.  Anyway,
there is a link for 'Alex MacCaw's Ruby on Rails hack'
http://amix.dk/projects/uploads/sendReq.rb - could this be used in Typo
to Spell check at least articles, if not pages and comments too?>> P>
--> http://fak3r.com - you don't have to kick it>>
> set up a local aspell instance, then I'd *love* to see something like
> this in Typo.

Understood, I'll let you know when we get it to that point, thanks.