Forum: Ruby Re: pcap library install on windows without c compiler

67bb4df2775f6a6b603347dce7119571?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
>Better to use MINGW/MSYS than Cygwin. Cygwin is ... not a good  choice
>most of the time with Windows.

I've heard of MINGW, but not installed it on my system - Cygwin  drives
me mad once every three months, but otherwise , it's ok.
Can you say what MINGW/MSYS do better ?

Best regards,

Axel
On 5/19/06, Nuralanur@aol.com <Nuralanur@aol.com> wrote:
> >Better to use MINGW/MSYS than Cygwin. Cygwin is ... not a good  choice
> >most of the time with Windows.
> I've heard of MINGW, but not installed it on my system - Cygwin  drives
> me mad once every three months, but otherwise , it's ok.
> Can you say what MINGW/MSYS do better ?

It doesn't pretend to be Unix. It provides a shell and a compiler that
provides somewhat more usable results than Cygwin does, as long as
you're not having to deal with fork() and a couple of other things.

-austin