Forum: Ruby on Rails How to create a background task?

6ea61444602a3e88ee21adc52584635b?d=identicon&s=25 Dong Rod (Guest)
Hi All,

I'm a newbie for RoR. Now, I want to create a background task: send an
email
at 6 pm every day. How can I create this task?

Thanks,
Rod Dong
58c6efb8466b9f85155fe6aa9fc37fce?d=identicon&s=25 Chris T (Guest)
I've not used it yet, but think railscron could be what you're looking
for:
http://kylemaxwell.com/articles/2006/01/06/railscron-0-1
D449d54c3b0f8c9930c11c7d7d3e6cdd?d=identicon&s=25 Surendra Singhi (Guest)
"Dong Rod" <mails.rod.dong@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm a newbie for RoR. Now, I want to create a background task: send an email
> at 6 pm every day. How can I create this task?

Look at the rails wiki on creating background tasks. Set up a cron job
which
uses the runner script to execute the function which will control
sending of
the email.

HTH.
--