Forum: Ruby Re: load unless requires - what are the ramifications

> of my question.
>
> I downloaded a project from RubyForge and I'm playing around with the
> scripts.  I'm having trouble getting the tests to pass - some pass if
> run from the main directory, others I have to be in the main/test
> directory for them to work.

<snip>

Some people are nice about letting tests run from the test or parent
directory.  Others assume you'll run the tests with something like 'ruby
-I lib test/tc_foo.rb'.

You shouldn't need to hand edit the files at all, though your solution
will work.  Just use -I.  See p. 178 of Pickaxe II for more info.

Regards,

Dan

or
strictly