Forum: Ruby on Rails MissingSourceFile in LoginController#login PROBLEM

602dc15af189c31b5e39511543e391f9?d=identicon&s=25 sara lidgey (Guest)
Hi All,

 I'm new to this and having a hard time getting a ruby on rails app to
work.  The problem seems to be realted to sqlite3 but as far as I know
sqlite3 is working properly on its own.  You can check out my error
messages at http://129.173.68.245

 Any advice on what might be causing this problem is greatly
appreciated.

 S.

> Hi All,
>
>  I'm new to this and having a hard time getting a ruby on rails app to work.
>  The problem seems to be realted to sqlite3 but as far as I know sqlite3 is
> working properly on its own.  You can check out my error messages at
> http://129.173.68.245

Looks to me like the Ruby driver for sqlite3 isn't installed, or at
least isn't in the path where Ruby can find it. You might want to make
sure you have the gem installed. Try a "gem list" to double check.

Best,
David
602dc15af189c31b5e39511543e391f9?d=identicon&s=25 sara lidgey (Guest)
Thanks.  It looks like I have it.  How do I make sure Ruby can find the
driver.

 Output of "gem list":
 *** LOCAL GEMS ***

 actionmailer (1.2.1)
     Service layer for easy email delivery and testing.

 actionpack (1.12.1)
     Web-flow and rendering framework putting the VC in MVC.

 actionwebservice (1.1.2)
     Web service support for Action Pack.

 activerecord (1.14.2)
     Implements the ActiveRecord pattern for ORM.

 activesupport (1.3.1)
     Support and utility classes used by the Rails framework.

 color-tools (1.3.0)
     color-tools provides colour space definition and manpiulation as
     well as commonly named RGB colours.

 login_generator (1.2.0)
     [Rails] Login generator.

 pdf-writer (1.1.3)
     A pure Ruby PDF document creation library.

 rails (1.1.2)
     Web-application framework with template engine, control-flow layer,
     and ORM.

 rake (0.7.1)
     Ruby based make-like utility.

 sources (0.0.1)
     This package provides download sources for remote gem installation

 sqlite3-ruby (1.1.0)
     SQLite3/Ruby is a module to allow Ruby scripts to interface with a
     SQLite3 database.

 transaction-simple (1.3.0)
     Simple object transaction support for Ruby.

David Thomson <ceedwlt@gmail.com> wrote: On 17/05/06, sara lidgey