Forum: Ruby cTioga - help with axes

F52d7fa7fe56fc40afff2ec2254ae16b?d=identicon&s=25 Chris R. (chris_r)
on 2010-12-14 23:46
Hello all,

I would like to have a plot where the bottom x-axis has major ticks with
numbers (majornum) and the top x-axis is major ticks without numbers. Is
there a way to do this? Every time I try something one or the other gets
overwritten by the other. Thanks!
F52d7fa7fe56fc40afff2ec2254ae16b?d=identicon&s=25 Chris R. (chris_r)
on 2010-12-15 17:49
Anyone?
1bc63d01bd3fcccc36fb030a62039352?d=identicon&s=25 David Masover (Guest)
On Wednesday, December 15, 2010 10:49:21 am Chris R. wrote:
> Anyone?

You might try the cTioga forum:

http://rubyforge.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=8912

ruby-talk is generally for questions about Ruby programming, and I, for
one,
had never heard of cTioga before today. That's not to say you shouldn't
post
questions like this here (especially if you're out of ideas), but, for
example, when I have a question about The Gimp, I don't ask in a C
programming
forum.
F52d7fa7fe56fc40afff2ec2254ae16b?d=identicon&s=25 Chris R. (chris_r)
on 2010-12-16 00:30
Ah, ok. I posted there yesterday but it seems like a dead forum.
On Wednesday, December 15, 2010 05:31:04 pm Chris R. wrote:
> Ah, ok. I posted there yesterday but it seems like a dead forum.

The next step would be to email the author, or maintainer, or whoever is
currently responsible for the program. If you're using this gem:

https://rubygems.org/gems/ctioga

then that'd be Vincent Fourmond <vincent.fourmond@9online.fr>

It may be that it's a dead project, or just slow-moving. If you're a
Ruby
developer, you could look at the code and try to figure it out yourself.

If not, I don't know what to tell you...
Abae133cd0fa27c89550c34231d250e1?d=identicon&s=25 Lidija Tr (lidija)
on 2011-01-09 14:11
Chris R. wrote in post #968436:
> Hello all,
>
> I would like to have a plot where the bottom x-axis has major ticks with
> numbers (majornum) and the top x-axis is major ticks without numbers. Is
> there a way to do this? Every time I try something one or the other gets
> overwritten by the other. Thanks!

Hello...I had simillar problem, this is my way of getting what I need,

ctioga  --yaxis line --xaxis top,line --inset .5,.5:1,1 --xrange 20:70
ZnOAbs.DAT --xaxis bottom,full --yaxis line

This way I have thicks only in the x axis and both y and x top are
lines...as you can see I use inset as main plot area, and starting xaxis
for filling the top xaxis with line

this is robust solution but its solution never the less :)
if you find more elegant way please post it :))))