Forum: Ruby Embedding Ruby

89dc62dd0a40f43a75d73e8059d61a91?d=identicon&s=25 daniel (Guest)
Hi there,

as a personal excercise I'd like to write a native little ruby starter
(with splashscreen) for my scripts.

In VS.NET I created a Starter.cpp and included the "ruby.h" as mentioned
in the docs. At compilation he doesn't find the extern symbols for
_rb_init() etc. My guess was to link to some DLL stuff, but after a time
googeling I hope that someone here can point me on some docs for further
help.

Thanks a lot.
Dce0999389d102f9a313af625375304c?d=identicon&s=25 dooby (Guest)
Daniel Völkerts wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> In VS.NET I created a Starter.cpp and included the "ruby.h" as mentioned
> in the docs. At compilation he doesn't find the extern symbols for
> _rb_init() etc. My guess was to link to some DLL stuff, but after a time
> googeling I hope that someone here can point me on some docs for further
> help.
>
> Thanks a lot.

Hi,

You'll need to add one of these libraries to your project:

Big static library containg all the object modules --
  C:\ruby\lib\msvcrt-ruby18-static.lib

Small dynamic lib with pointers into the runtime DLL --
  C:\ruby\lib\msvcrt-ruby18.lib

Sorry if that's not enough help (I use other compiler tools).

daz
daz schrieb:

> Sorry if that's not enough help (I use other compiler tools).

Great! Thanks a lot. I had a look into the lib directory but I didn't
know which one to choose. Working great with the dynamic once.

After re-reading my orignal post I has to say that it was a bit
misleading. Apologize for that.

g,