Forum: Ruby Re: ruby sdbm library reliable?

I haven't actually checked to see how KirbyBase stores information, so
just ignore that comment if it doesn't pertain to KirbyBase.

Dan

or
strictly
destroy
On May 16, 2006, at 2:42 PM, Berger, Daniel wrote:

> just ignore that comment if it doesn't pertain to KirbyBase.
> in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and
> destroy
> all copies of the communication and any attachments.

KirbyBase is actually one directory is one database. Each table is a
single file.

Jamey -- Would you be interested in a hand? I've mulling over some
thoughts about doing joins in KirbyBase, and disk based indexes, and
possible alternative file formats.

As regards the hand-edit-ability, you could always have multiple
backends, and a conversion tool.
5b75d07b5adfc157376fe012845cb08a?d=identicon&s=25 Jamey Cribbs (Guest)
Logan Capaldo wrote:
> Jamey -- Would you be interested in a hand? I've mulling over some
> thoughts about doing joins in KirbyBase, and disk based indexes, and
> possible alternative file formats.

Certainly!
> As regards the hand-edit-ability, you could always have multiple
> backends, and a conversion tool.

Good point.

Jamey