Forum: Ruby Re: GetoptLong Accessing the values with out looping

> removed them and built ruby 1.8.4 and gems 0.8.11 built from source.
>
> Any ideas?

Do you see a long.rb under
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/getopt-1.3.4?

If not, something went wrong.  If so, then maybe you need to set your
RUBYOPT environment variable, or you'll need to require 'rubygems'
first.

Regards,

Dan

or
strictly
destroy
074597b4e64c139d5e1d51c52e475de2?d=identicon&s=25 Paul D. Kraus (Guest)

> Do you see a long.rb under
> /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/getopt-1.3.4?
>
> If not, something went wrong.  If so, then maybe you need to set your
> RUBYOPT environment variable, or you'll need to require 'rubygems'
> first.

Its there. Still no go. I am going to uninstall ruby and use gems to
install
it.
Any suggestions on how to remove ruby? It was compiled from source.

Thanks everyone for all there help today.
Paul
On May 16, 2006, at 1:58 PM, Paul D. Kraus wrote:

> to install
> it.
> Any suggestions on how to remove ruby? It was compiled from source.
>

> Thanks everyone for all there help today.
> Paul

Wait, did you do this:

require 'rubygems'
require 'getopt/long'

# rest of script

Use gems to install what? If you mean ruby, you can't install ruby
from a gem (especially not after removing ruby, w/o ruby how is
rubygems supposed to run?)