Forum: Ruby text::hyphen, de patterns

A3ae9e80ada5e126a6e063c2645db7b6?d=identicon&s=25 Patrick Gundlach (Guest)
on 2006-05-15 20:58
Hello,

I'd like to use text::hyphen, and I'd like to know how to use german
hyphenation patterns. There are two files de1.rb and de2.rb in the
distribution,
but what parameter should I use to the Text::Hyphen.new method?

Regards,

Patrick
On 5/15/06, Patrick Gundlach <rubyfor1.10.randomuser@spamgourmet.com>
wrote:
> I'd like to use text::hyphen, and I'd like to know how to use german
> hyphenation patterns. There are two files de1.rb and de2.rb in the
> distribution, but what parameter should I use to the Text::Hyphen.new method?

I will have to make this easier to use, but:

  require 'text/hyphen'
  require 'text/hyphen/language/de1'

  hyp = Text::Hyphen.new
  hyp.language = Text::Hyphen::Language::DE

Let me think about this for a while to figure out a clean API for
these multiply named language definitions.

-austin
A3ae9e80ada5e126a6e063c2645db7b6?d=identicon&s=25 Patrick Gundlach (Guest)
on 2006-05-15 22:09
Hello Austin,

> I will have to make this easier to use, but:
>
>   require 'text/hyphen'
>   require 'text/hyphen/language/de1'
>
>   hyp = Text::Hyphen.new
>   hyp.language = Text::Hyphen::Language::DE
>
> Let me think about this for a while to figure out a clean API for
> these multiply named language definitions.

thanks, works like a charm,

Patrick