Forum: Ruby on Rails RE: Re: Re: Re: RE: Object constructors - Noob Question

1f840b624a948a3f39299af25620121b?d=identicon&s=25 Ross Dawson (Guest)
> @foo is instantiated from the session, by @foo =
> session[:foo] but this
> _doesn't_ cause the error.  In fact I can use @foo in views and other
> ways and no error occurs.
>
> I really have no idea what's going on with this.

Try using breakpoint to inspect @foo

http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/HowtoDebug...

can tell you lots.

As a general "why doesn't my blah work" response have a look at your
code running using breakpoint.  I'm guessing from the noise on the list
that breakpoint would be the most underutilized tool in Rails.

Ross