Forum: Ruby on Rails Incorrect version of ActiveRecord

3fd015d67ef7ee97b63ca64c6825c096?d=identicon&s=25 Chad Montplaisir (chadmontplaisir)
on 2006-05-12 19:02
I am new to Rails and have been trying hard to learn all that I can.  I
have setup the Eclipse environment and have been able to figure out all
problems but the following.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I upgraded, through Gem, ActiveRecord (to 1.14.2) and ActiveSupport (to
1.3.1) in order to be able to use the new form of join tables.  If I
create a ruby project and implement the code, all is fine; however,
under my rails project, it crashes.  In the log I realized that the
ActiveRecord and ActiveSupport modules are the older versions that do
not support the new form of relationships.

How can I tell my Rails application to use the lastest versions, please?
In addition, if there is a comprehensive documentation site for this, I
would appreciate that, as well.  I have Agile Web Development with Rails
and Programming Ruby, but neither really get you into the internals of
Rails.

Sincerely,
Chad
3fd015d67ef7ee97b63ca64c6825c096?d=identicon&s=25 Chad Montplaisir (chadmontplaisir)
on 2006-05-12 19:34
Chad Montplaisir wrote:
> I am new to Rails and have been trying hard to learn all that I can.  I
> have setup the Eclipse environment and have been able to figure out all
> problems but the following.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nevermind.  I made things too difficult, as usual.  I needed to gem
install the latest Rails.  You Ruby fellows make it so easy it's a pain
in the neck.  :o)

Thank,
Chad