Forum: Ruby Any update on SoC students?

08cb411b1a37b357af7f8e12669d09fd?d=identicon&s=25 Alex Sheldon (Guest)
on 2006-05-12 15:30
I saw the announcement a couple of weeks back now, was wondering if Ruby
Central has been getting a good response? Any students stepped up to the
refactoring tools challenge? Python seemed to attract a lot of
interesting projects last year, hopefully Ruby will be benefiting
similarly this year.
On 5/12/06, Alex Sheldon <alexine@palex.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> I saw the announcement a couple of weeks back now, was wondering if Ruby
> Central has been getting a good response? Any students stepped up to the
> refactoring tools challenge? Python seemed to attract a lot of
> interesting projects last year, hopefully Ruby will be benefiting
> similarly this year.

The mentors are currently reviewing all of the student applications.
Google will be announcing the selected projects on the 23rd, I think.

-austin
On May 12, 2006, at 8:30 AM, Alex Sheldon wrote:

> I saw the announcement a couple of weeks back now, was wondering if
> Ruby
> Central has been getting a good response?

I think so, yes.  There are over 80 applications.

> Any students stepped up to the refactoring tools challenge?

Multiple students applied for this project, yes.

James Edward Gray II
Bb6ecee0238ef2461bef3416722b35c5?d=identicon&s=25 pat eyler (Guest)
On 5/12/06, James Edward Gray II <james@grayproductions.net> wrote:
> On May 12, 2006, at 8:30 AM, Alex Sheldon wrote:

> I think so, yes.  There are over 80 applications.
>
> > Any students stepped up to the refactoring tools challenge?
>
> Multiple students applied for this project, yes.

To this, I can only say "w00t!".  I hope the interest in it pays off,
it would be great to see some better automated refactoring tools
become available.