Forum: Ruby Re: final/closed classes in Ruby (was: Sharp knives and glue

<snip>

> class Foo
>   def test
>     puts "hello"
>   end
>   freeze #this already exists and does what you want
> end

Well, I'll be damned.  I didn't know you could do that.  You learn
something knew every day I guess. :)

Doesn't prevent subclassing though. :)

Thanks,

Dan

or
strictly
destroy
A777f1a2049d78a12ead38efb8f75f97?d=identicon&s=25 Tanner Burson (Guest)
On 5/11/06, Berger, Daniel <Daniel.Berger@qwest.com> wrote:
> >   def test
> Thanks,
>
> Dan

But any solution you can put into place with pure ruby, can be
circumvented
just as easily. :)